IVHOG Advanced RiderCourse (ARC) Info & Signup!
- IVHOG ARC (Advanced Rider Course):
What is free to PA residents, sold out almost as fast as they are posted and focused on experienced riders who desire to learn and practice more in-depth riding techniques?
The PAMSP Advanced Rider Course, that’s what.
The Advanced Rider Course is a 1 day course focused on experienced riders who desire to learn and practice more in-depth riding techniques.
If you’ve ever taken a PAMSP “Experienced” course with u-turns you haven’t taken the ARC!
Due to the overwhelming response from the chapter The Pennsylvania Motorcycle Safety Program (PAMSP) has dedicated (3) ARC sessions to IVHOG Chapter Members only!
HOG Safe Rider Skills Patch & Pin Sign-up:
Members who have taken the course may be eligible for the HOG Safe Rider Skills patch and pin.
Please fill out the following form within 3 months of course completion, send a copy of your course completion card along with the form.
While their will not be a receipt from the class (there are no charges) please let us know if HOG requires something and we’ll see what we can generate via email.
Once 12 people (as in all of those attending on the 21st…) fill out and send in their form the Chapter is eligible for recognition as well.
Signup is via an IVHOG member & PAMSP Instructor who can be emailed to arrange a seat in class.
Please email him with your class request, questions or comments to:
Available IVHOG ARC Sessions:
May 21st – 0800 Class Start, 1230 Range start (FULL as of 5/01/2017) – COMPLETED
May 28th – 0800 Class Start, 1230 Range start (8 remaining seats as of 5/01/2017) – COMPLETED
June 18th – 0800 Class Start, 1430 Range start (8 remaining seats as of 6/09/2017) – Note Start time!!!
General ARC info:
- The ARC consists of a classroom portion and a range (riding) portion, each about 4hrs in duration.
- There is a 12 person maximum for each classroom/riding session, 36 total spots available.
- All sessions, classroom & riding, will take place at Blackman’s Cycle in Emmaus, PA (40 min from Sellersville/Lansdale).
- The sessions will happen rain or shine.
- While there is no food on site we will break for lunch & there are local places to eat.
- While there is some water and coffee at the dealership if/when it is open you’ll want to bring some drinks and snacks.
- The sessions proposed are only for IVHOG members, they are not open to the public.
- The class can be taken on motorcycles ranging from the smallest standard to the biggest bagger.
- No U-Turns – if you’ve taken an “Experienced” or BRC2 class in the past that wasn’t the ARC.
- The ARC page at the PAMSP web site can be found here for more info: http://www.pamsp.com/improve/ARC.php
- All riders must have a class M license, their own motorcycle (registered, insured, inspected & in good repair) and appropriate riding gear
- There will be a follow up email with additional information.
I’ll be in touch with H.O.G. this week to verify the current “Safe Rider Skills” patch eligibility to see if the MSF ARC course still qualifies. Once I hear back I’ll post the information & any links here – and if there are any forms I’ll plan to print and have them available at the classes.
MSF Certified RiderCoach
Note on the 1st IVHOG ARC:
With 12 riders, one classroom attendee and beautiful weather – along with a slight schedule SNAFU with some Basic Rider Courses – the 1st IVHOG ARC was a lot of fun, had really great group interaction and some really good riding. Although the classroom portion had to go a little longer due to some BRC classes finishing up the attendees were very accommodating and made the best of the class session and longer lunch. Once we got onto the range everyone was all business and attacked the course all day long – braking, turning, swerving, etc. – on bikes ranging from Low Riders to Ultras – Harley’s all. End of the day everyone had something to take away from the class and or range and if it helps keep people safer, have a better ride – all the better. I just wanted to thank all that attended the 1st IVHOG ARC – thanks for spending your Sunday with us.
Note on the 2nd IVHOG ARC:
With 4 riders, one classroom attendee and beautiful weather – with some rain well after the class had departed – the 2nd IVHOG ARC was again tons of fun with a great group of attendees.
Really looking forward to the last scheduled IVHOG ARC of the 2017 riding season – Sunday June 18th!
6 Seats remain, get them while you can!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.