IVHOG OFFICER NOMINATIONS FOR 2016
IVHOG Chapter Voting Process Document: Voting-Process.pdf
Information taken from the HOG Charter USA.pdf. Below are a description of duties for each officer. Make sure that the person you are nominating for the position would be well suited for that position.
The duties and responsibilities of the required Chapter officers shall be as follows:
- Director: shall uphold this Charter, conduct Chapter meetings and coordinate Chapter officer responsibilities.
- Assistant Director: shall be responsible for promoting membership, membership orientation, membership retention, and keeping the Chapter members informed of H.O.G.® programs.
- Treasurer: shall be responsible for collecting and disbursing Chapter funds, reporting financial transactions to sponsoring Dealer / Retailer / H.O.G. Manager on a monthly basis, compliance with all revenue recording and reporting requirements.
- Secretary: shall be responsible for administering and maintaining meeting minutes, annual reports, membership reports on members.hog.com, insurance and legal documentation, event releases, and enrollment releases. These permanent records shall be kept at the sponsoring Dealership / Retail Store.
- Discretionary Officers: These officer positions are optional and at the discretion of the sponsoring Dealership / Retail Store. The duties and responsibilities of the discretionary Chapter officers may include the following.
- Activities Officer: assisting in planning and administering Chapter events.
- Ladies of Harley Officer: encouraging women members to take an active part in Chapter activities.
- Road Captain: assisting in the planning of routes for Chapter rides.
- Editor: assembling and organizing all forms of Chapter communications. Ensures all forms of Chapter communications are approved by the sponsoring Dealer / Retailer / H.O.G. Manager before publication or distribution.
- Safety Officer: providing Chapter members with information relating to the availability of rider training.
- Photographer: obtaining and organizing Chapter images for use in Chapter communications and Chapter history.
- Historian: preparing and maintaining an account of the history of the Chapter.
- Membership Officer: assisting the Chapter secretary in the Chapter membership duties.
- Webmaster: assembling and organizing material for the Chapter web site, social media sites (if applicable), and obtaining approval from the sponsoring Dealer / Retailer / H.O.G. Manager before publication. Chapter web site and social media sites must comply with the H.O.G.® Chapter Internet Guidelines.